Thursday, August 04, 2005

A nice day of caching

Carlee and I went caching today with my friends NovemberBabies+1. I had a blast, and I think Carlee really enjoyed being outside today. We first started out at a new mall that I have been wanting to go to. We ate breakfast at Panera's, and then grabbed the micro right in the parking lot. We grabbed a few more at the mall.


The neatest find today was Year of Independence by Mcleod1. The camo on it was awesome. It was an ammo box desguised as a phone box, which no muggles would think twice about if they saw it.

We then took a nice walk around a beautiful lake area nearby, and found two caches. Then, drove over to the hiking trails at the University of North Florida. Today was my first visit there. It really is a beautiful area. I got to find two caches along these trails with help from Clay. We also stopped on this bridge and I watched the kids feed bread to the fish, turtles, and even an alligator!

It really was a neat sight! If Carlee was older she would of been so excited, I know I was, lol... I wish I had remembered to take my camera along, I'll have to ask NB+1 if I can use some of her pictures. (edit:I've added pics) There are a few more caches along the trails there, so Tony and I will have to go back another day.

I also started leaving our new signature items in caches today. I've been making geotokens for the past few days. I'm so excited about them. They are simple coins made out of polymer clay. Ours has a star design stamped on it, and Carlee's has a cute smiling sun.

I'm planning on going caching again on Saturday, this time with StressMaster and crew. I'll try to take some good pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home